Thursday 1 August 2013

Name my burden and show me what it looks like to You.

On Day 18 of asking God 40 questions in 40 days, the task was to name my burden and then query Him. 

Show me what it looks like to You? 
What has it cost to carry this burden?
Do I believe any lies that prevent me from handing it over and be willing to make the trade?
What would You like to give me in exchange?
Invite Him to take my burden and receive His gift.

I wrote: my regret about how long it took me to get saved? It
looks like a weight in cartoons. 
But really my burden is loneliness or more specifically ALWAYS being alone and how much that hurts.

God said: Gaylene, my darling. You do listen. You do hear. Yes I used the ER and the last week to bring you here. I knew you'd get here. Now listen to me. You are not alone. You have angels assigned to you. You have people who love you and war for you and they will be made clear. I will not leave you in this place Gaylene. I am NOT punishing you. I deeply desire to speak to you in those places inside of you that feel so forlorn. 

I replied: I'm even afraid to see what THAT'S going to be like Lord.

Do I believe lies that are preventing me from handing over my burdens? What will you give me in exchange? Am I willing to make that exchange? 

God answered: The lie Gaylene is the same one that hinders you...that you can do it yourself. It actually ACCENTUATES your pain in this area. You need to come to me first always and those alone feelings and lonely times are not meant to feed negativity into your life. They are meant to edify you if you come to me first.
In exchange, I will give you peace and freedom at who you are, who you are becoming and total freedom from your past. It will no longer hold you in bondage...and the question is are you willing to make the trade? 

I said: Yes Lord. I don't know what it will look like but yes. I will.

Next: Whose burdens do I carry?

No comments:

Post a Comment