Monday 4 January 2016

Many thanks for your generosity

Just a few of the gifts under the tree:
Cineplex gifts cards, a work parka
and tickets to the Nutcracker

I want to extend a great big thank you to my wonderful friends who generously donated cash and gift cards this Christmas. This  enabled me to provide some deserving folks with swell presents for themselves and/or their families including:

  • Tickets to the RWB Nutcracker for the single mom/nursing student and her niece. It was their first experience at the ballet and both were thrilled. 
  • Cineplex gift cards for the single mother who was robbed to take her four daughters to a movie over the holidays. Unbeknownst to me, this turned out to be a longtime family tradition.
  • A brand new heavy duty work parka for the young Sudanese man on bail who works outdoors for a temp agency. 
  • A gift card from Shoppers Drug Mart for a struggling Nigerian international student.
  • The leftover cash will be used towards the purchase of a laptop for me.
The entire experience greatly encouraged my heart and brightened my Christmas in many ways. Again....


All they asked was that we should continue to remember the poor, the very thing I had been eager to do all along. (Galatians 2:10) 

No comments:

Post a Comment