Thursday 17 October 2013

What promise do You have for me today?

Truth be told...I struggle with alot with my Christian faith. I know for real that I was saved by Jesus, but sometimes I find it a bit of a stretch believing everything the Bible says about me. I hesitated asking this question for several days because I was unsure what it would reveal. Turns out He really does always keep His promises...

Day 28: What promise do You have for me today?

God said: Why are you putting off asking me?


I wrote: I don't know. I guess because I still don't believe many of the biblical promises are for me. Then I have to admit I'm a, y'know, BAD Christian because I don't even believe the fundamentals of my faith.

God replied: Gaylene, Gaylene, Gaylene stop. I'm never going to take my eyes off you. I can't turn away. I don't shake my head and kiss my teeth like humans Gaylene. I'm  not going to do that to you.

My presence is your promise. It will never leave you. I got you this far and I'm NOT going to withdraw it. What you do about it is your decision, but I WILL NOT WITHDRAW MY PRESENCE from you. And yes, there's more. So much more. More than you can POSSIBLY imagine.


Next: Who can I encourage today?

No comments:

Post a Comment