Thursday 30 October 2014

war on grumbling day eleven

Day 11
I'm thankful that God has made me a persistent widow crying out day and night for justice in the midst of an unjust world #WarOnGrumbling  #40DaysOfThanksgiving 


Tonight at my home group, I taught on Luke 18:1-8, the story of the persistent widow and the unjust judge. Because I'm a woman in the midst of a divorce while in the church, I sometimes feel not far removed from a widow in biblical times. This passage is one that has often encouraged me as I've contended for the people and issues God has laid on my heart over the past decade.

As we wrapped up the teaching and questioned each other about delays in answered prayer, my responses spurred me to an almost newfound amazement at how many of my requests Jesus actually has answered. Although I'm not going to lie...there are so many more I am still waiting on. 

And so I will be persistent. And like Jesus suggests, I will not lose heart. 

Just don’t give up, don’t give in
If you don’t quit, you’ll win, you’ll win

No comments:

Post a Comment