Saturday 5 November 2016

#WarOnGrumbling Day 20

I'm grateful that God is so beautiful.

I'm not grumbling but it just was an emotional and tough day visting my mom in Gimli Hospital. On the drive out, with the temperatures hovering near 15C, I stopped to gape at Lake Winnipeg in Matlock just as a float plane hovered overhead. Honestly, it was hard to believe it was November.



When I drove home it was dusk on highway 8, which can be a bit boring. However I felt God beckoning me to gaze on His beauty. And then He rolled out splendor and colors and cloud formations that are almost indescribably beauteous. 

I was listening to Davy Flowers sing "Wounded One" and couldn't help be moved by the lyrics
We lift our gaze, we lift our gaze //
You are higher


Once again, His beauty wrecked me and I wept like a baby all the way home. And for that I'm extremely thankful.




#WarOnGrumbling #40DaysOfThanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment