Monday 14 November 2016

#WarOnGrumbling Day 29

"Crying Girl" by Roy Lichtenstein
I'm grateful that I can weep.

There was a period of my life when I hardly ever cried. I'm thankful my tears have returned, for good it seems.

This afternoon I was driving listening to a compilation CD a friend made me a few years back. On it were some Rita Springer songs and when "Holy Visitation" came on I burst into tears and bawled for a good 10 minutes. I'm not sure what prompted them...the lyrics, the Holy Spirit or just a general culmination of where I'm at right now. All I know is I felt cleansed and lighter afterwards.

It feels good to admit that I don't have to resist my tears and I can allow myself to cry even when I'm not really sure why. 

Sound the alarm Gather the people
Gather the elders Let the ministers wail
God take back the years that the enemy's stolen
Lord you are coming with a holy visitation
We return to you fasting and weeping and mourning
Oh My Lord you are returning
We lie here weeping between porch and altar
Pour out your spirit on your sons and your daughters
Sound the alarm Awaken the watchmen
Open their ears let their voices be loud
We prophesied, You'll come to this nation
Touch this generation with a holy visitation
We dance, we shout, we lift up our voices
Let your kingdom come down
I was made for war
I was made for battle Lord


#WarOnGrumbling #40DaysOfThanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment