Friday 11 November 2016

#WarOnGrumbling Day 26

Tonight I'm thankful for Zechariah.

Every once in a while in ministry, you get to meet someone you know God ordained for only you to meet in His kairos time. This evening it was Zechariah, a young aboriginal man from one of Manitoba's First Nation reserves, who I met during the Zion Outreach at Portage Place mall. He and his best friend initially stopped to ask me for bus tickets and we began to chat. After I offered to pray for him, he immediately divulged he had an alcohol problem and some other hindrances. He seemed truly bemused at his willingness to share his problems with a complete stranger and the subsequent encounter marked by vulnerability and tears. God ministered to him right in the centre court of a mall in a way that was so affirming, so touching and so beautiful. 

He later shared that he and his friend were plotting to do things that "weren't good at all." Seems God had another plan. I was honored to meet him, and truth be told it was Zechariah who ending up ministering to my heart.



#WarOnGrumbling #40DaysOfThanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment