Tuesday 1 November 2016

#WarOnGrumbling Day 16

I'm so thankful for night and day prayer.

Today was an extremely off day for me. I have so much on my mind with my mom's condition and then her only brother passed away on the weekend. I seem to be surrounded by death and sadness.

But I have access to a prayer room. And after spending some time in Sanctuary House of Prayer tonight, I started to normalize. 

Then over dinner with my son, I discovered there was a shooting at the 24/7 Starbucks in the Health Sciences Centre. That particular Starbucks has become my secret place, my unofficial house of prayer, especially in the many months my father was in that hospital before he passed away. 

I immediately drove over to see how everyone was doing. The security guards related the story to me and one of the baristas explained how he was a couple minutes late and his coworker was caught in the middle of the melee but remained safe (albeit traumatized). 

They all acknowledged the hand of God in the situation because no one was hurt (and there was only minor damage). The baristas and security were happy to pray with me for continued protection and care, as well as for God's glory to be known in the entire situation, coffee shop and hospital and all its patrons. 

Now to me, that's night and day prayer. Because God has called ME to BE a house of prayer.

Lordmake me a house // Make me a house of prayer
May the fire on my altar never burn out 
#WarOnGrumbling #40DaysOfThanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment