Saturday 12 November 2016

#WarOnGrumbling Day 28

I'm thankful that even when I fail, there is grace.

Okay I admit it. I grumbled today. A whole lot. Winnipeg's Santa Clause parade is always a test to my usual positive temperment and this year oh did it ever kick my ass. I started my day whining because the parade actually takes over my entire neighborhood with its road closures, massive floats, costumed people and police presence. So I got out of dodge and positioned myself at my 24/7 Starbucks and later at a women's peacebuilding roundtable for South Sudan.

I managed to masterfully elude the parade's resulting traffic snares until I offered to drive one of my kids to work because she was running late. I ended up getting stuck in a massive traffic jam, prompting me to unleash a torrent of potty mouth and even to yell at a police officer (I am quite grateful that he laughed at me).

On my way home, I had a little chat with my heavenly Papa about my behaviour. And I felt His grace. It's so real, especially when I mess up and admit it. 

Find me here on my knees again...I will never be able to grasp what I did to access His grace. It's truly humbling.

I could run for all my days // But I'd never run away // There's no mistake I could make // That could ever make You change // There's so much grace in the arms of the Father

WarOnGrumbling #40DaysOfThanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment