Monday 31 October 2016

#WarOnGrumbling Day 15

Today, I'm grateful for my journals.

For a writer, journalling is an essential way to work out ideas and capture both life's little fragments as well as the big strokes. That I couldn't journal for years was a robbery and the thought of once again staring at a blank page is utterly frightening.

I mostly utilize my journal to record things God is highlighting to me, prophetic words I've received, sermon notes and flashes of revelation or inspiration. It is also the place I record and keep track of my prayer lists, phone numbers and sometimes even the odd to-do list.

I've also been trying to return to morning pages, writing three pages longhand each morning to clear out the cobwebs of clutter, anger or irritation from my mind to free up creativity and imagination. Doing them regularly has proven to be far more difficult. 

Nowadays I simply can't envision life without my journal. It is the keeper of secrets, both my inner life and the things God wants to tell me. 

This afternoon, I finished a journal I started in March and cracked open a new one. Somehow this often prophesies a new chapter of my life. My father passed away during my last journal and my mom will likely pass away in the first few pages of this new one. I've discovered writing down the process is important and documenting these once in a lifetime experiences are albeit deeply saddening, but also priceless beyond measure.

Take Your fingers, God //
Master Potter come mold the clay //
Tell Your story as You mold me //
Fashion a heart that is wholly Yours


#WarOnGrumbling #40DaysOfThanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment