Saturday 8 October 2016

Seven Stars

In my humble opinion, worship leader Luke Wood is the prayer movement's crown prince of killer lyrics. That dude has slayed me so many times with songs that have one line that set them apart in my heart.

Consider these nuggets:

You place a crown of pure gold upon my head //
And then You command Your loving kindness to chase me down

(Real Love)

All man's empty promises lie broken at Your feet //
But You have never broken one 

(You Pour Out Your Mercy)

Just one word from You could shatter a thousand lies
(Kiss My Soul)

But it's "Seven Stars" that has the most enduring connection for me. A friend of mine played it for me after praying for me one afternoon, and this particular lyric has always stayed with me through many a trial and tribulation: 
You who hold the seven stars in Your hand //
Hold my heart, hold my heart

That's right. Jesus, the King of the universe who holds the seven stars in His right hand and indeed much more, also cradles the broken and precious parts of my life. That He can do both with equal adeptness is just utterly mind-blowing to me. 




In his right hand he held seven stars, and coming out of his mouth was a sharp, double-edged sword. His face was like the sun shining in all its brilliance. (Revelation 1v16)


Now to You, now to You who is able to keep me
Now to You, who loves me more than I know
Have Your glory, have my love
Here's Your glory, here's my love
Both now and forever be clothed in glory Lord
Both now and forever I give You all my love
You who hold the seven stars in Your hand
Hold my heart, hold my heart
Take my heart Lord come and seal it
It's all I have to give

#MonthfulOfMusic #HoodMom

No comments:

Post a Comment