Wednesday 26 October 2016

#WarOnGrumbling Day 10

Today I'm thankful for the way God speaks to me when I walk. 

This afternoon I went for a stroll to do some errands and take in the last of the warm autumnal air. Like usual, I was praying as I walked and I casually asked God to show me things I needed to see. 


I wandered down Hargrave Street in between a parkade and MTS Centre which casts a lot of darkness between the two structures. A few steps later, I was swathed in light and I looked up, and there was the construction site for True North Square. Its cranes were rising up to the sky and the sun shining on it all. It was all so beauteous I gasped out loud.


Then God spoke to me so clearly about what I was looking at. I somehow doubt I would've ever heard what He said sitting at home. He's made me to move throughout Winnipeg and always shows up in splendor in so many ways.


The heart is a bloom //
Shoots up through the stony ground
But there's no room // No space to rent in this town
It's a beautiful day // Don't let it get away
Touch me // Take me to that other place
Teach me // I know I'm not a hopeless case 
Reach me // I know I'm not a hopeless case
It's warm in the sun, I reach to the sun


 

#WarOnGrumbling #40DaysOfThanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment