Saturday 22 October 2016

#WarOnGrumbling Day 6

I am super thankful for the friends God has planted in my life. This has not been an easy season in the relational department, but my heavenly Papa has brought me some deep friendships.


Today I slept until noon and sat around dazed for a couple hours wondering if I really was going to lose both of my parental units in the same year. I was about to veer into a full scale pity party when a dear friend called because she was in my neighborhood. She dropped over with tea and donuts, sat on my couch and listened to me rant for awhile, and then prayed for me.

Shortly after she left, two others came over to pray with me for a mutual friend in Swaziland and for each other. 

I don't have the proper words to describe the value of people like this who show up in your distress, ignore the mess, bring food and stand in the gap when you feel so weak and your prayer life is decimated. I'm just very grateful.

If this world makes you crazy //
And you’ve taken all you can bear //
You call me up //
Because you know I’ll be there

#WarOnGrumbling #40DaysOfThanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment