Wednesday 19 October 2016

#WarOnGrumbling Day 3

Today I'm thankful for jail calls.

Nothing touches my hood momma heart like hearing from my kids in jail. The fact they remember my number and reach out to me never fails to make my day. Sometimes they want to talk about their upcoming court case, some want to share what God is saying to them, some want to know about their homies on the outs. No matter what, they know they're going to hear that I love them and even more importantly God does infinitely more. 

This evening I heard from one of my long lost ones. The last time we talked, he was being disrespectful and I told him I wouldn't tolerate the way he was acting. Today, almost a year and two jails later, he called to chat. I got to affirm to him that even though he'd made a mistake, he is indeed loved and lovable. That the Father uses me to display His heart towards these young adults astounds me. And for that I'm truly grateful.

#WarOnGrumbling #40DaysOfThanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment