Monday 17 October 2016

#WarOnGrumbling Day 1

Deciding to choose gratitude over complaining is harder than it sounds. Right now, I'm in a difficult period of grief and intentionally choosing to war against grumbling has been so helpful in past years. So for the next 40 days at around midnight, I plan to review my previous 24 hours and find something to be thankful for.


Tonight, I'm thankful for changing seasons. I have always adored fall, but because I'm such a cottage fan, swimmer and beach sunset junkie, it's not as evident. However, in the wake of my father's death, this last summer was a bit muted than most. 

Because of this, I've intentionally taken note of every note, every iota of this autumn from the first falling leaf and the crisp night air to the entire new palette of colors, the harvest moon and the precious last nights I could sleep on my purple porch. 

It's a new season and not just outside my window. Things are different on the inside. I am fundamentally changed and frankly, it doesn't always feel swell. But because I know God's is with me and I see His work in my life, I am thankful.

Though the seasons change //
Your love remains

 #WarOnGrumbling #40DaysOfThanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment