Monday 10 October 2016

Wonder

want to live with a constant sense of childlike wonder at Jesus and what He's done in my life. But everything this world comes against that. Every message to middle-aged women comes against that. Admittedly, there are days that even I come against that. 

When I heard Amanda Cook sing "Wonder" all that collides with my desire for a life of awe fell away.
May we never lose our wonder // 
wide eyed and mystified // 
may we be just like a child // 
staring at the beauty of our King 

I vividly remember the afternoon I noticed the tone of my heavenly Papa's voice in the midst of Him correcting me on a sinful thought pattern. For the very first time I heard the lovingkindness in His voice. From that day forth, everything changed. I knew that the chastening of my good good Father wanted the best for me.


And once again it was Amanda who sang about what I'd been through with her spontaneous song at Bethel
We will see the look on Your face //
We will hear the tone in Your voice //
And we will be changed as we behold You

It's Thanksgiving Day and I'm grateful for artists like Amanda Cook who listen to heaven and can put words and voice to the issues I'm struggling with. It makes me feel so much less alone.

May we never lose our wonder// Wide eyed and mystified
May we be just like a child // Staring at the beauty of our King
Fill us with wonder // Cause You are beautiful in all Your ways
King of Kings // You are beautiful in all Your ways
Just close your eyes, you'll see Him
You are beautiful in all Your ways
Open the eyes of our heart to see You God
Cause You are beautiful in all Your ways
Oh You are, yes You are
We give our lives to sing
Cause You are beautiful in all Your ways
You fascinate me
You fascinate us, with who You are
You fascinate us with your love
You are beautiful You are glorious
You are beautiful Yes You are

#MonthfulOfMusic #HoodMom

No comments:

Post a Comment