Sunday 23 October 2016

#WarOnGrumbling Day 7

I'm thankful today for coffee and naps.

When my dad died, I had no idea how fatigued that I'd be. I've always been an avid coffee fan, but this last season of grief made me practically reliant on that dark and lovely beverage.

I've always said the best thing I learned as an adult was how to take a nap. I used to do it once a week or so, but the last few months it hasn't been unusual for me to partake in morning, afternoon and evening naps. 

I didn't sleep too well last night. The most recent news about my mom's health and some surrounding drama was running around and around in my mind. 

Thank goodness I had an early morning girlfriend date replete with coffee (and freshly baked cinnamon buns). 

Following a redemptive afternoon visit back at home with one of my spiritual sons, I crashed. And tget me through an evening visit with out of town friends, I picked up my usual iced doppio espresso.

So it goes, and it's quite likely this cycle of coffee and naps will continue or some time. 


Couldn't sleep and wouldn't sleep //
When love came and told me, I shouldn't sleep //
Bewitched, bothered and bewildered, am I


#WarOnGrumbling #4DaysOfThanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment