Tuesday 4 October 2016

Garden

It's a bit tragic when we don't see ourselves the way our Heavenly Papa does.

During a healing retreat I attended almost a decade ago, God revealed to me that I was His fragrant watered garden. I've also received several prophetic words that allude to my life as a tropical garden beside a river, as a garden of wildflowers and more. 

I didn't buy it because here's the thing...I actually have a black thumb. I don't dislike gardening per se, but I'm not at all good at it. My tomatoes get slugs. My cucumbers don't thrive. My lettuce wilts.

But when I first heard "Garden" by Misty Edwards something inside of me immediately awakened. The lyrics refer to us as gardens for God's pleasure and as I listened to it again and again and worshipped Him, something deep inside my heart became unlocked. 

I let the Master Gardener take over and I succumbed to His view of me. I made way for His nourishment and living water. I sprouted, I grew, I blossomed. I allowed myself to be pruned. I agreed to be viewed as simply being beautiful. I took the risk of being plucked out of the soil where I was planted. And I let the changing seasons do their inevitable work. I became the me I always was supposed to be. 

I know you're wondering "All of this because of a song?" 

The answer is absolutely...when it's a song penned by God and obediently sung over His daughters, good cultivation is absolutely possible.

And the LORD will guide you continually and satisfy your desire in scorched places and make your bones strong; and you shall be like a watered garden, like a spring of water, whose waters do not fail. (Isaiah 58v11)
It's You and me alone God
You and me alone
You've hedged me in with skin all around me
I'm a garden enclosed a locked garden
Life takes place behind the face
So come into Your garden 
Come into Your garden
Here O Lord! Have I prepared a place for You
I'm no longer my own I'm Your garden
I don't want to waste my time living on the outside
I'm going to live from the inside out 

#MonthfulOfMusic #HoodMom

No comments:

Post a Comment