Tuesday 18 October 2016

#WarOnGrumbling Day 2

I'm thankful that God hears my little prayers. 

I'm an intercessory missionary and newly commissioned staff member at Sanctuary House of Prayer and what we do is, well, pray. We mostly intercede for big issues: revival in our region, the ending of abortion in Canada, for the church in Manitoba to be more fascinated with Jesus and salvations in entire generations. It can be a wee challenging to wait for answered prayers when the target is so huge.

So I'm completely astonished when my heavenly Papa moves upon my seemingly insignificant petitions. Yesterday, for example, I asked Him in the weakest way if I could get a good night's sleep. I haven't been sleeping much in the night because of my elderly cat and some pesky low grade anxiety. 

And not only did I sleep a good seven hours, my cat curled up beside me and slept as well. When I woke up, I lifted my head and said "Wait...what? You heard that silly little prayer!" Oh how I love Him.

#WaronGrumbling #40DaysOfThanksgiving

No comments:

Post a Comment