Friday 28 November 2014

war on grumbling day 40

Day 40
I'm thankful for the fragrance of my Hallelujah. #WarOnGrumbling #40DaysOfThanksgiving 

Today was one of those days when I get to marvel how God uses and works through me. I'm still not 100 per cent better from a chest infection, but I had lunch with a young lady I'm discipling and met with the chaplain at  the Manitoba Youth Centre about doing one-on-one jail ministry. Later on, we had dinner with a young man whose entire life has been consumed by hard drug use and ran into a lovely young prostitute I'd encountered several weeks earlier, and were able to love on and pray for both.

This life walking with Jesus is rewarding and rich and hard too. But it's on days like this, in the middle of my own struggles, that I can't help but praise Him and love Him even more than yesterday. I may not be partaking in American Thanksgiving today, but I'm grateful to declare Worthy is the Lamb who was slain.
How gracious is My redeemer, King Jesus, the Son of the Highest //
What could I possibly give to You, but the fragrance of my Hallelujah //
Praise be to the Wounded One // Glory and honor to the Son //
We ascribe worth and give love to You Lord //
Let the fragrance of our love go forth

No comments:

Post a Comment