Tuesday 18 November 2014

war on grumbling day thirty

Day 30
I'm thankful for my meekness training. #WarOnGrumbling #40DaysOfThanksgiving

Oh how I love the women I run with. Recently after a somewhat embarrassing incident at a conference, I shared it with my friend fully prepared to get her sympathetic ear. She listened to my tale of woe, shrugged her shoulders and said "Well God does like to humble His kids." 

"Ummm. Well. Sure," I sputtered. Ugh. Convicted. 

Tonight, I was prayer leading an intercession set and for the second week in a row, I was overruled by leadership. When I whined to one of the other prayer room staff she chuckled and said "Looks like you're getting some meekness training." 

I looked at her and couldn't help but laugh. Ha! Convicted. Again...

It's a good reminder since Jesus' whole life was ordered around meekness. And since we're set apart to be Christlike, then being meek should be our pursuit. Clearly, that's easier said than done in my life...but at least I'm now aware of the training program.

May the Lamb receive the reward of His suffering //
Starting with me //
For the Lamb is worthy //
All the nations shall come and join in //
The song of the Lamb

No comments:

Post a Comment