Saturday 15 November 2014

war on grumbling day twenty eight

Day 28
I'm thankful to discover really swell leftovers in my fridge after a crazy day. #WarOnGrumbling #40DaysOfThanksgiving


Today I looked after the Sudanese-Canadian sisters and what a day. Taught them how to bake, took them to an art drop-in and they ended up on a float for the Santa Clause parade. Between refereeing their disagreements, marching them through thousands of Winnipeggers in subzero temps and their constant chatter and inquiries, I found my usual calm demeanor slowly disintegrating. Seriously, how do parents do this day in and day out? I'm exhausted after just nine hours with the dynamic duo...
After we cleaned up their messes and they left with their older sister, I took a deep breath and contemplated dinner. And upon peering in my fridge, lo and behold I found leftovers from my favorite uber-authentic Szechuan Chinese restaurant and some yummy Vietnamese hot and sour soup from lunch yesterday. Nothing overly profound to be sure, but I am so grateful.
I'm at the borderline of my faith //
I'm at the hinterland of my devotion //
In the frontline of this battle of mine, but I'm still alive //
I'm a soldier of love every day and night //
I'm soldier of love all the days of my life

No comments:

Post a Comment