Wednesday 12 November 2014

war on grumbling day twenty four

Day 24
I'm thankful that I can see the beauty in the brokenness.
#WarOnGrumbling

I went prayer walking in my hood this evening and I came upon a group of drug dealers waiting beside a phone booth for a call. They were listening to a rap song on one of their cell phones and started to dance right there in the parking lot in the -5C temperatures. There was something so sweet and unfettered about the scene that I stopped to watch with a big grin on my face. 

When I walked away, I couldn't help but praise God for giving me His eyes to see these little vignettes, which are unmistakably lovely. Every time I do, I feel more like Jesus, because He never looked past the brokenness and always saw something beautiful.
All around // Hope is springing up from this old ground //
Out of chaos life is being found in You //
You make beautiful things // You make beautiful things out of the dust //
You make beautiful things // You make beautiful things out of us

No comments:

Post a Comment