Tuesday 11 November 2014

war on grumbling day twenty three

Day 23
Today I'm thankful that even when I make mistakes, I can be kind to myself.
#WarOnGrumbling #40DaysOfThanksgiving

Whoa Nelly what a change I have made in this area. I used to beat myself on the inside for the most minute of errors. Recently I made a rather large gaffe in a story that ran in our local newspaper. A good editor or fact checker could've caught it, but the bungle clearly originated with me. No one was more surprised than me when I took responsibility for it immediately and did not hold it against myself.

This about-face unquestionably stems from the revelation that my Heavenly Papa loves me and is not waiting for me to slip up with a set of punishments. He brings me out of the mire of shame and guilt with love. And for that I'm deeply grateful and more besotted with Him than ever before.

Here I am // Just a child on the earth
I feel so small // But you remind me what I'm worth
In a moment I would lay my whole life down just to know You
And I just want to hear the Father's song singing over me

No comments:

Post a Comment