Monday 17 November 2014

war on grumbling day twenty nine

Day 29
Today I'm thankful for, believe it or not, snow. #WarOnGrumbling #40DaysOfThanksgiving

Winter finally came to Winnipeg today and with it, snow. I don't mind one bit. In the year 2000, I committed to never complain about the weather, a promise I have stayed true to. As well, I've noted the Bible mentions snow over 20 times and all of it is meaningful. It references the coldness of winter and compares its whiteness to clothing and leprosy. But most importantly, snow is allegory to describe also how clean our sins are when washed by the blood of Jesus.

This morning I was reading Job 37 and 38, two of my favorite chapters in the Bible, and I came upon:
For He says to the snow, be on the earth (Job 37:6)

I figure if God says it and I have to live through it, I might as well see it through His eyes.



I won’t be afraid; I will face the wind
I won’t be afraid; I’ll embrace the flame
Let the winds blow, let the winds blow

No comments:

Post a Comment