Thursday 6 November 2014

war on grumbling day eighteen

Day 18
I am thankful for the seasons changing, both in the weather and in my life #WarOnGrumbling #40DaysOfThanksgiving
Today it seemed like a lovely autumn day, but the signs winter has arrived were quite evident. And you know what? As much as I love spring, summer and autumn, there are things I actually like about winter. 

It got me thinking about our seasons with God. This year has been rather fruitful for me in the area of personal healing and also ministry. But it came after an intense and uncomfortable season of pruning (see John 15:1-2). 

So as the winter beckons again, I have no choice but to say to Jesus Awake, north wind, and come, south wind! Blow on my garden, that its fragrance may spread everywhere. Let my beloved come into his garden and taste its choice fruits. (Song of Songs 4:16)

To everything - turn, turn, turn // There is a season - turn, turn, turn
And a time for every purpose under heaven
A time to be born, a time to die, a time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to heal, a time to laugh, a time to weep
To everything - turn, turn, turn // There is a season - turn, turn, turn
And a time for every purpose under heaven
A time to build up, a time to break down, a time to dance, a time to mourn
A time to cast away stones, a time to gather stones together



No comments:

Post a Comment