Friday 7 November 2014

war on grumbling day nineteen

Day 19 
I'm so thankful that I have been discipled well so that I can return the blessing and go make disciples of all nations. #WarOnGrumbling #40DaysOfThanksgiving

When I got saved, a group of friends -- the same ones who prayed me in -- came alongside me to disciple me in my Christian walk. I was entirely unchurched, with little or no knowledge of the Bible, Christian music, church culture, prayer, healing, the Holy Spirit and so many other things. I'm forever grateful for the untold hours they spent in order for me to get where I am today. 

Today, I spent chunks time with a couple of dear ones from Nigeria and Sudan. I helped them navigate through some of the same murky waters I swam in by listening and giving advice, plus dispensing love and prayer. I feel I owe it to them because this is the kind of discipling that was so graciously gifted to to me. And honestly, it's the best part of my job.
It's just this black and white stuff // 
If I just started with Scripture, here's what I'd do: I'd start making disciples

No comments:

Post a Comment