Wednesday 19 November 2014

war on grumbling day thirty two

Day 32 
Today I'm thankful that God is all about more. #WarOnGrumbling #40DaysOfThanksgiving 

Abba challenged me earlier this year. He said I could ask of Him "abundantly more" than I had been asking. When I think about it, that is quite apropos. At the house of prayer I attend, I have a dear friend who always prays for fire. And me? I always ask for more.

This morning, I was at a networking meeting for youth
pastors and leaders in the city and I was praying for the young men and women I've been contending for over the past decade. And then it just struck me. I can ask for more. So I did. I asked Jesus to encounter every youth that the pastors who were present oversee. And then I reached a little higher. I asked for every young person in the city.
Why not? He said I could. And after all, He is God. 

You're more real than the ground I'm standing on //
You're more real than the wind in my lungs //
Your thoughts define me // You're inside me // You're my reality
Abba, I belong to You

1 comment: