Tuesday 25 November 2014

war on grumbling day thirty seven

Day 37 
I'm thankful that I see beauty everywhere. #WarOnGrumbling #40DaysOfThanksgiving 

This morning was -15C. Cold. As I was taking out the recycling, my breath was taken away by the Golden Boy atop of our provincial legislature with the sun creeping up behind. It was starkly beauteous in a way I can't quite describe. 

You must understand. I see beauty EVERYWHERE. I am dumbfounded at hoarfrost and awestruck by sunsets no matter if they're lakeside or in the hood. I'm mindblown by aurora borealis, agog at misty mornings, astounded by wildflowers in garbage strewn ditches and enthralled by canola fields...and well...I could go on and on. 

I love that God made me this way. This world is His creation and it's like I get to partner with Him when He shows me little nuances that others notice, but don't always seem to fully appreciate. 

I was listening to Phil Wickham this morning and honestly no one expresses it better:

I see Your face in every sunrise //
The colors of the morning are inside Your eyes //
The world awakens in the light of the day //
I look up to the sky and say You're beautiful //
I see Your power in the moonlit night //
Where planets are in motion and galaxies are bright //
We are amazed in the light of the stars //
It's all proclaiming who You are, You're beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment