Tuesday 18 November 2014

war on grumbling day thirty one

Day 31 
Today I'm thankful that I hear God's still small voice. #WarOnGrumbling #40DaysOfThanksgiving

I can hear God speak, but I sometimes go through periods where I willfully avoid sitting down to converse with Him. 

I'm sick today, a situation the Lord often uses to break in to my life. When I'm ill, I admittedly feel weak and vulnerable, and unable to give in to my usual distractions. I'm more prone to lie still enough to hear His voice.

I was in a friend's car this afternoon and she had to run in to her school to pick something up. She popped in a worship CD before leaving the car, which prompted me to journal about a painful experience that I had an epiphany about in the last 24 hours. All of a sudden in the middle of my tear-stained written rant -- without even the slightest provocation by me -- Papa cut in and started to speak really clearly. His short sweet feedback was eminently revelatory and within the span of a few minutes things made more sense.
And it makes me wonder. Why do I avoid spending the time to hear the voice of the Most High God of the universe, the One who created me and loves me and is so evidently for me? 

Then He said, “Go out, and stand on the mountain before the Lord.” And behold, the Lord passed by, and a great and strong wind tore into the mountains and broke the rocks in pieces before the Lord, but the Lord was not in the wind; and after the wind an earthquake, but the Lord was not in the earthquake; and after the earthquake a fire, but the Lord was not in the fire; and after the fire a still small voice. (1 Kings 19:11-12)
We will see the look on Your face // 
We will hear the tone in Your voice // 
And we will be changed as we behold You

1 comment:

  1. Yeah gotta love when Papa breaks in with His beautiful voice and the instant peace and love that washes over us.

    ReplyDelete