Friday 14 November 2014

war on grumbling day twenty six

Day 26
I'm thankful that God gives me rest. #WarOnGrumbling #40DaysOfThanksgiving

Today I slept in until almost noon, a luxurious pleasure that I almost never enjoy. And I didn't feel the slightest bit guilty. 

But that isn't the only kind of rest Papa provides. He promises rest for my soul. 

In Psalm 62:5, King David says: Yes, my soul, find rest in God; my hope comes from Him.

Oh yes...

I’ve made mistakes // I’ve let my hope fail 
My soul feels crushed by the weight of this world 
And I know that you can give me rest  // So I cry out with all that I have left 
Let me see redemption win // Let me know the struggle ends 
That you can mend a heart that’s frail and torn 
I wanna know a song can rise from the ashes of a broken life
And all that’s dead inside can be reborn // Cause I’m worn

No comments:

Post a Comment