Saturday 15 November 2014

war on grumbling day twenty seven

Day 27
Today I'm thankful for music and what it does for my soul. #WarOnGrumbling #40DaysOfThanksgiving

What a special invention music is. Created by God. Designed for me. 

This morning could've been like any other. But I sent someone a song that I thought would touch their heart. It ended up touching mine. 

Photo credit: Heidi Phillips
The result was bouts of weeping and that good ole mixture of awe and wonder at lyrics, melody, choruses...oh I could go on and on. 

And like the good addict I am, I needed more. All day long. Until tomorrow when another song, another artist -- maybe someone new, perhaps an old friend -- will tickle my fancy. And thus, the cycle will go on and on. 

 Oh, God, I let intruders into the garden of my soul //
Foxes are running wild //
I thought You were holding out on me now to keep me from being free //
How could I have been so wrong //
Forgive me, forgive me, Lord // For living like I'm not Yours
I forget how kind You are

No comments:

Post a Comment